21 July 2008

Customer Service

Most of my work including my previous job are inclined with customer service. I have been in an email support for a US based company wherein my task was to answer and respond to all customer enquiries by email. It was fun as I remember it. Every customer is different some are nice, some are rude, some are curious of the Customer Service whereabouts, some are talking nonsense things. I have learned a lot on how to deal with every kind of customers especially with the Americans. Next job was with the local government, as an administrative assistant in our local City Treasury Office. Again, I love the work there. There were lots of officemates to deal with and of course clients and local from every walks of life. At first it was difficult to adapt to the office environment. It was really different to work from the government offices. But, I managed to cope up with this in a short period of time. Its a matter of skills in customer service.

I strongly believed that efficient and good customer service is the lifeblood of a business. It is a vital part in the business that ensure the customer's level of satisfaction, whether the customer's expectations are met or achieved. Currently, I am working home based in an Australian company and I am proud that I am with the customer service again. I am always making sure that I am the best I can be with every customer. I am not perfect sometimes I have mistakes too but customer's satisfaction is what I put first. 

But sad to know and sometimes its a little irritating that some companies had a very poor customer service. I know it can not be avoided but as time goes by, there must be some room for improvements as well. But they are taking that for granted. One example is my ISP, Smartbro, there CSR are very polite and good mannered but lack of knowledge in their service offered. I tried to call them several times regarding my problem, but I think they are just reading a manual to me. The problem is not resolved by that. One of my task in my current job is to follow up the deliveries. There are instances that I have to ring TNT and ask for the shipment. I find their Customer Service good although you have to wait for 20-30 minutes before someone attends to you. But your concern is well attended. And the worst of all is the Customer Service of Cebu Pacific Airlines. I have been following up my boss' refund for the ticket after being turned away upon boarding because it was over booked. Its been a month already and the refund is still in processing. The CSR I talked to, Elle, said that almost everyday she was following it up with their Singapore Office but till now no response. I really can't imagine that an email can not be responded within a month. I have been contacting almost Cebu Pacific contact details but still I can not go through. I even sent them several emails. 

I really can not imagine why there are some like that. Maybe they do not value the customer after all I am just one against there thousands of customer. But for me its really unfair. They should listen to every customer and deals with their complaints. Help them out whenever is possible. And for the company, be sure that all your staff are well trained to be helpful always, courteous and the most important, knowledgeable enough of the services you offered.



No comments: